What are Custom Phone Labels? What is a Company Line ID?Many Businesses take full advantage of the custom department labels that are visible from the call presence screen at login.ringbyname.com, but what about when you're on the road, or away from your desk? Ringbyname has added "Company Line ID" for administrators to add a unique label that appears next to caller, the label is based on the business phone number your client is calling. If you own multiple businesses or need different labels for different business numbers, this is the free feature for you!
What are the benefits of having multiple businesses on the same account or using separate accounts?You can add new business numbers and their respective new users/agents to your main account or you can add them to their own separate account. There are benefits to both methods and your business needs determine which is best. We'll list out the pros & cons of each for you below. Both methods allow custom greetings, menus, departments, and caller IDs.
Add A New Business As A New Account
+Billing is separated and different payment methods and business owners can be set up.
-Only the new users/extensions can be set up to ring for business calls.
+The new business users can use any extension numbers even if they're already in use by your main business account.
-Both business' users will be able to call and transfer to one another, but must dial direct or company phone numbers.
-Call reporting data cannot be combined.
Add A New Business To Your Existing Account
-Billing cannot be separated, both businesses would have the same owner/billing options.
+Existing users/extensions on your main account can also be set up to ring alongside the new users/extensions.
-The new business users will not be able to use any extension numbers already in use by your main business account.
+Both business' users will be able to call and transfer to one another using extensions often 3-4 digits in length.
+Call report data can include both businesses.
How do I add Custom Phone Labels to my business numbers?In order to set up or update existing Company Line IDs or Custom Labels, please follow these steps:
- Login to your RingByName account at https://login.ringbyname.com
- Click on your name in the top right corner and click on your name, then click on "System administration" from the drop down menu. If it does not appear, then you do not have administrator permissions to your system.
- Click on "RingByName Setup" from the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Phone Numbers" icon located on the left side of the screen.
- Locate and click on one of the locate your Company numbers from the list of your company numbers.
- Find the phone number settings at the top showing "Company Line ID". Whatever value you place here, will appear as a label by the customer's name when they call you. Be sure to enable the feature by clicking on the box 'Show Company Line ID as part of Caller ID information." and be sure to click "Save" at the bottom of the page. Each Company number can have its own unique Company Line ID, for custom labeling!
Are there any rules for this feature?
The only rules that apply to this feature is that it can only forward this label to mobile softphones, desktop softphones, and Desktop phones like Ringbyname's softphone and deskphone solutions, Yealinks, Polycoms, and similar VOIP phones, or 3rd party softphones like Zoiper and Linphone. This feature cannot forward labels to cellphones or landlines without using a softphone.