Skip to content

Product Suggestions

Welcome to our user feedback forum. At RingByName, we take the time to listen to our customers to provide the most powerful and convenient features, as well as the highest possible level of support. Have a suggestion or a comment? Let us know what it is.

75 results found

1. direct to voicemail transfer | Add voicemail greeting

The direct to voicemail transfer already works with grandstream devices using * * then the extension exclusively during transfers.

It also works for accounts that have it added by request where 9101 goes to extension 101's voicemail.

In both of the above cases there's no voicemail greeting announced. Just a beep. This can confuse clients. Often times those messages include afterhours, rules, or special means of contact for clients.

Voicemail greetings playing when direct to vm transfers are made is a useful feature needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Removing services breaks other services | Prevent downtime

"I just removed a number/extension from one agent/client and it impacted another client's service!"

Sometimes e911 is all shared with 1 DID. When that DID is removed, its e911 information goes with it, disabling 1 to possibly all extensions from outbound dialing and impacting some to possibly all inbound calls.

Suggestions:

Dont allow system to approve removing DIDs/Users if e911 issues will be generated.
    When visiting R! Admin, If there's a DID or User missing e911 information, give a popup alerting/directing them to update it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CRM / QuickNotes / Events Vs R! Contacts

<Combination of Features>
    R! Contacts, QuickNotes, Events, and CRM are all missing a few minor quality of life improvements. 11-28-18
    "As a growing business, I noted that as my contact deals increase, I'm going to be very lost between the above features."

Currently looking at QuickNotes drop-down in main R! Web, you can't tell if a quicknote is related to a contact. If you open that contact, you CAN.

It's the same case with Events, Events can be opened in the r! contacts window, and appear on a list in the R! contact view for that contact, but looking at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Call Reporting Basic, Outbound Calls: Data suggestion

Outbound calls are logged in only specific situations.
    Changing Call Reporting Basic Outbound call's section:
    "Calls" to "Answered and "Total" would provide data relevant to more business types and their outbound calls.

Currently what is considered an outbound call:
    -Call answered for a second.
    -Call reaching voicemail greeting for a second

Not an outbound call:
    -Call that sat in a menu for 2 minutes then rang 5 times and hung up.
    -Call that immediately rang 1 time and hung up.

You could be on the phone for 2-3 minutes cycling menus, and ringing for x amount of rings, but our…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. R! Admin Usability | Top Down and Bottom Up Call Flow Creation

Adding a means of creating call flows from the top down would make R! admin panel more usable, as many customers may logically start at the top and work their way down.

When selecting where to send calls in 'Phone Numbers' add drop down options "New Menu" "New Department"
    -Selecting these options should open a prompt/popup for naming the menu/department.
    -Consider then moving current view to the newly created menu/dept so user can select menu options/dept users.

Additionally when creating a new menu in 'menus', add drop down option "New Department"
    -Selecting this options should do the same as above.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Porting numbers Faster process

Update to LOA form that allows online signatures E-signature to speed up the process of porting in numbers.

You can realize one day that you've been paying 2 companies for the same phone bill and be upset with both of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Keypress Recommendation Popup

Keypress can be used for various reasons, but there is one situation when it should ALWAYS be used: When a cell phone forward is in use.

When that cell has no signal or battery issues it sends calls to its personal cell voicemail, keeping departments or users from answering business calls. This can be a detrimental loss to all kinds of businesses.

Suggestion: A popup notification when a number is added to cell/landlines. "Is this a mobile number?" Y/N "Saved! (Mobile Keypress has been enabled.)"

Unsure how detailed we should be with how it saves calls/protects business. Listing it as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. (2) Fail Safe suggestions to prevent call issues

1) Do not allow departments to have extensions that forward to each other. (sales: 100, 101, 102; where 100 also fwds to 101). Additionally Do not allow extensions to forward to each other if they belong to the same department already. Can cause call failures.

2) In R! admin > Phone Numbers, DO NOT allow a client to 'save' when both
    Use these Hours For this Phone Number > Send the after hours calls to > "Use the Voicemail and Callback Preferences" is SET
    AND a MENU is selected as the 'Send Calls To'
    Causes afterhours calls to immediate hangup.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to Record Voicemail Greetings for Departments, not just Users

Most people will understand voicemail greetings as something recorded by using their phone. Personalized and simple.
    A User or a Department's voicemail greeting is prone to frequent change for holidays or schedule changes.

Having to upload an mp3 for every holiday/schedule is time consuming compared to simply dialing *97 and the department voicemail box to record a new greeting. This can already be done with user voicemail boxes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. way to delete contacts, call records, or voicemails in BULK instead of 1 at a time.

It discourages use when I have to wait 8-15 seconds to delete one accidental call record/voicemail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For calls that go unanswered, there's no voicemail message option to play a message and NOT record voicemails/hangup.

When customers calls are missed, I'd like them to hear our hours of operation and then a thank you message. I don't want them leaving voicemails. It will lead to less call backs on our next business day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SMS Blast Function / SMS Quality Improvement

Accounts using SMS with 100s of contacts bring the r! web app down to a turtle's pace.
    Particularly when the "pen and paper" icon is selected creating a second instance of the R! web's 'contacts list'.

Removing the slow down of populating the entire contact list again is recommended.

Additionally, an SMS blast feature is desired to send multiple clients the same SMS message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Auto login for mobile app please

I have to login to the mobile app again almost every time I use it. Why?
    This makes using it very inconvenient. All my other apps auto log me into services. VLT-89152-993

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. calendar

A calendar set up that we can plan our day using the CRM in a calendar setting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. R! Invoice Order in Billing Info is shown backwards for usability (oldest bills first)

Currently in R! Admin, under Account and Billing Info > Balance and Statement, all statements are shown in Reverse order.

The oldest invoices are the first ones seen, instead of what should logically be the most recent and up to date bills. This can cause confusion for customers, and upset them if their billing statements have changed significantly since they created their account
    (most accounts don't keep the same number of users from their start date)

Please reverse the date order the invoice list is sorted by in R! admin for practical use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notification counts or push notification option for ringbyname app / Any kind of SMS notifications

All my apps have notification counts or push notifications, ringbyname app requires me to open it to see these notifications unlike all my other apps. It'd be nice to select enable notifications for faxes or SMS.

Currently SMS doesn't have any kind of notification beyond opening the app. An email notification tick box for SMS being added would help and be quick to implement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Adam,
    Thank you for your idea suggestion. Would you like to be able to change the Caller ID for the outbound fax on your fax service to a number other than the one assigned to your account, or to change the company name on the header?

18. Voicemail and call back request notification by SMS

Currently I am getting voicemail and call back request by notification, which is an awesome feature! Great work. I think it would be even better if you add SMS notification to this. Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove Contact Info From RingByName Admin "Account" Tab Or Sync RingByName admin panel with customer service info so consistently updated

Reasons for removal:

-Whenever I see this field, its incorrect, but service agents have the correct information when I call them in their system.
    -This is confusing.
    -Its a time waster when I call in to confirm whether or not this has been updated on both sides.
    -If this field isn't used by service agents, and its not always right for me, why does it exist? It's better removed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delete option for missed calls in web-app

I like to be able to delete my missed calls in my web-app. Currently , there is not delete button.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base